“Music is the Universal Language of Mankind”
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
At St. Pat’s, music can be taken at any level from Sec 1 – Sec 5.
- Students in the profile program can choose between vocals or instrumental Private instruction is provided by professional musicians living in the Quebec City area. They include international performers, and even members of the OSQ!
- Instruction is taught on the following instruments:flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, bass, drums/percussion.
- Awards and Special Events:
- Gold plaques at the Festi jazz-pop de Québec 2016 and 2017. (Vocal ensemble and jazz band)
- An invitation to perform at the New Generation Jazz Festival in Monterey, California (2017)
- Superior rating at Rhythms International Music Festival, 2004
- Bronze and silver awards at Jazzfest des jeunes de Québec 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013.
- Cities played: Monterey, California; Havana, Cuba; New Orleans (4 trips), Cleveland, Niagara Falls, Baton Rouge, Ottawa, Trois Rivières, Toronto, Shawinigan, Thetford Mines, La Tuque, Jonquière & Halifax.
- Memorable concerts:
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, Ohio
- Canadian Principals Conference, Chateau Frontenac.
- NOCCA (New Orleans Center for Creative Arts)
- Musèe des Beaux Arts de Québec, Gala de meritas, Caisse Populaire St. Dominique
- Imperial Theatre, Windsor Nova Scotia
- Kings Edgehill School, Windsor, Nova Scotia
- Western Québec School Board Arts Festival, Musée de la Civilisation, Hull, Québec
- CQSB Arts Festival, Quebec